July 6 – 13, 2019
Join David Robson and Jelena Vesić at Ashtanga Yoga Centre of Toronto for a one week Intensive in the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga.
Please note that this is NOT a teacher certification course. Only R. Sharath of the KPJ Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore, India, can grant Authorization and Certification to teach Ashtanga Yoga.
This week is all about learning the proper technique to practice Ashtanga’s Primary Series. Each day will be based around morning mysore-style or led practice with David & Jelena. Afternoons will be devoted to workshops in:
- Learning the traditional vinyasa count for the Primary Series
- Philosophy and theory of Ashtanga Yoga and The Yoga Sutras
- Functional anatomy
- Sanskrit in the practice
- Asana clinics
Jul 6 – 13, 2019
- Sat Jul 6: 8 – 9.30a Led Primary, 1 – 5p Workshop
- Sun Jul 7: morning Mysore, 1 – 5p Workshop
- Mon Jul 8: morning Mysore
- Tue Jul 9: morning Mysore, 1 – 4p Workshop
- Wed Jul 10: morning Mysore, 1 – 4p Workshop
- Thu Jul 11: morning Mysore, 1 – 4p Workshop
- Fri Jul 12: morning Mysore, 1 – 4p Workshop
- Sat Jul 13: Led Primary Series, 1 – 5p Workshop
$850 + HST (13%)
- Yoga Mala by Sri K Pattabhi Jois
- Ashtanga Yoga Anusthana by Sri R Sharath Jois.
- An Ashtanga Immersion Manual by David Robson will be included in the cost of the workshop.
Pre-registration is required. Full payment is required to reserve your spot in the course. There will be a 20% administration fee on refunds for cancellations made before July 1, 2019. There are no refunds or credits granted for cancellations made on or after July 1, 2019.