1-week Primary Series Intensive
July 22-28, 2017
Please note that this is NOT a teacher certification course. Only R. Sharath of the KPJ Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore, India, can grant Authorization and Certification to teach Ashtanga Yoga.
This week is all about learning the proper technique to practice Ashtanga’s Primary Series. Each day will be based around morning mysore-style or led practice with David. The rest of the day will be devoted to workshops in:
- Learning the traditional vinyasa count for the Primary Series
- Philosophy and theory of Ashtanga Yoga and The Yoga Sutras
- Functional anatomy
- Sanskrit in the practice
- Asana clinics
- Sat Jul 22: 8 – 9.30a Led Primary | 12 – 5p Workshop
- Sun Jul 23: 10 – 5p Workshop
- Mon Jul 24: morning Mysore | 1 – 4p Workshop
- Tue Jul 25: morning Mysore | 1 – 4p Workshop
- Wed Jul 26: morning Mysore | 1 – 4p Workshop
- Thu Jul 27: morning Mysore | 1 – 4p Workshop
- Fri Jul 28: morning Mysore | 1 – 4p Workshop
$750 + HST (13%)
A $300 + HST non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for registration. The remaining balance will be due on or before Saturday, July 8, 2017. There are no refunds or credits once full payment is accepted.
Yoga Mala by Sri K Pattabhi Jois
Ashtanga Yoga Anusthana by Sri R Sharath Jois.
An Ashtanga Immersion Manual by David Robson will be included in the cost of the workshop.
Registration in the program is completed with the payment of the deposit.
Or call AYCT at (647) 342-6550. Our reception staff will be happy to answer any questions you have about this program.